Chris Ford replied on Wed, 11/18/2020 - 11:30 Permalink, How does this rod compare to the new Thomas & Thomas Contact II, Floyd replied on Sun, 01/10/2021 - 10:16 Permalink. Have fun with it. I own the 7’6” 4/5. I have an uneasy relationship with boats. It's light and sensitive to the most subtle of bounces and takes, yet surprisingly responsive and with a stiff enough spine to drive the hook home when a trout eats. Hardy made what I think is a bold move by including spigot ferrules on the Ultralite LL. When I rigged up I noticed I had a very light tippet put on during trout season. Rod sounds like alot of fun. The Ultralite LL, even in the 3wt I tested, has a surprising amount of power in the lower sections of the blank. I used the Heritage Ultra line and cast a small bead chain bluegill fly out along a ledge parallelling deeper water, hoping to at least pick up a few bluegills or longears. The Hardy Sirrus Glass series offers ultra-smooth fly rods with a deep loading action while combining all the SINTRIX® technology; . The Hardy FWDD is one of the best small water fly reels on the market. 2 global ratings. How does the the new Hardy Ultralite LL compare to the earlier Hardy Ultralite model you've already tested? So, I cut off my Euro leader, tied on a size 6 white bunny leech, and lobbed it out there. Euro rods have to be lighter than normal rods, by virtue of how they’re fished. Nice report. Even... As winter slowly crawls along, most fly fishers are thinking ahead to warmer days on the water. I finally decided if I was ever going to find out how the rod cast and fished, I was just going to have to buy one. You must be logged in to post a review. Hardy’s workmanship is, as usual, top notch. I was able to hook, fight, and land big trout at various distances, and in plenty of swift current. It's interesting -- the new rods are S glass, but also "deep loading fly rods" and "perfectly suited to short range presentations on small streams and creeks" (words straight from their website here ). Review: Thomas & Thomas Contact II fly rod, Pebble Mine Not Dead, Despite Looking More and More Ridiculous, Fishing lodges, guides, and travel operators face uncertain future after pandemic-spiked 2020, Scientists draft letter calling on governors to tear down the lower Snake River dams, Rearranging deck chairs on the Olympic Peninsula. With a large arbor design, lightweight build, and a disc drag with a click check system, this reel is one of the most innovative on the market. Trout, Panfish, and more don’t stand a chance. The action feels similar to the epic 476 to me. And just like on the Green, I hooked a fish on the first cast. I was beginning to wonder if USPS had lost my rod in Chicago, but it finally showed up 2 days ago. A Cabela's Prestige DT2 worked very well with this rod, as did the Barrio Small Stream WF3. Among the most anticipated new offerings is the Hardy Ultralite LL rod. Historically, the Snake River basin was the largest salmon producer in the Columbia River system, once home to salmon runs numbering in the millions. Re-engineered. Hardy Sirrus Glass Fiberglass Fly Rod • SINTRIX® Resin impregnated S glass construction • Super smooth deep loading action • Classic styling • High grade fittings and finish. Versatility Free shipping for many products! That provides this Hardy Sirrus Glass Rod – 3-Piece to the market place that we are willing to provide it to you. Euro-nymphing is the name of the game in the World Championships, and that’s exactly what the Ultralite LL was designed for. Review and Photos by Joseph Cornwall . Oh well, at least I had a great time up to that point. The Ultralite LL is almost everything I'd want my ideal Euro rod to be. Glass is heavier than graphite. With dry flies especially, the Ultralite LL is a pleasure to fish. Certainly it is interesting but not you are still not sure on the Hardy Sirrus Glass Rod – 3-Piece. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Hardy Sirrus Glass 3WT Caramel Fly Rod, 7' at Amazon.com. Skleněná konstrukce SINTRIX® Resin impregnovaná sklem - Klasický styl - Vysoce kvalitní kování a povrch Sirrus Skleněné pruty jsou řada super hladkých a hluboce ohebných prutů přinášejících výhody technologie SINTRIX® do klasické řady prutů. Nov 6, 2016 - To be honest, I wasn’t sure what to expect when my local Hardy rep loaned me Hardy’s new glass-graphite hybrid. Review: Hardy Sirrus Glass fly rod Above all, the Ultralite LL feels strategically built for Euro-nymphing, which is good, because that's exactly why the folks at Hardy built it. Hardy has revamped its entire rod lineup for 2020, replacing nearly everything they offered in 2019. For the last two years I have tried to find reviews of this rod series. Rapala Wading Jeans. The cork is top-notch, and I love the sleek, bronze reel seat hardware. Sirrus Glass rods are a range of super smooth, deep loading fly rods bringing the advantages of SINTRIX® technology The Return of Hardy Glass - The Trout Fisher. If I’m nymphing the Madison, but a surprise afternoon hatch of BWOs starts popping, the ability to switch to dries immediately is something I love about my traditional fly rods. Whether you're fishing dries or Euro-nymphing, the tip is supple enough that you shouldn't have to worry about breaking any fish off, provided you're not trying to horse in a 20-inch rainbow on 7x. Cameron Mortenson of the Fiberglass Manifesto also described it as in the Hardy ads. the 9’9” 3wt clocks in at 3 ounces on the dot. You must be logged in to post a review. HARDY Hardy® Sirrus Glass . Bota Dago de vadeo. Tippet protection is outstanding. This rod allows me to feel my Euro rig much better than other, heavier Euro rods I've fished recently. Board index » UL Fly Rods, Reels, & Lines, Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests. Not just our offer you can find before making determination t o utilize it, but also the feedback via real users that given on internet by way of many reviews in the real users which can be easily for you to look for and read. Hatch magazine posted a review, and the reviewer described it as a full flexing slow action rod that flexed down to the handle. Hardy® Ultralite® ASR. Productos relacionados. Onsite Associates Program . Lawn casting is fun, but a rod really needs to be evaluated on the stream. Hardy described it as a slow, deep loading rod. Free shipping on all orders over £50 to UK mainland! Sirrus Glass rods are a range of super smooth, deep loading fly rods bringing the advantages of Sintrix technology to a classic rod range. The cast wasn’t gracious, or pretty, but for a long 3wt rod, I was blown away. Today, all stocks of... I’ve always been a vest guy. Merchant Video . That’s what it was designed to do, after all. Perfectly suited to short range presentations on small streams and creeks, the Sirrus range also features incredible impact resistance and an ability to 'selfload' at the closest distances. It fishes Euro rigs at a championship level, but turns right around and throws dry flies or streamers without a problem. Iako sam od početaka mušičarenja maštao o bambusu za manje rijeke i potoke, i „stakleni“ fiberglass štapovi me nisu privlačili jer sve što sam probao ili je bilo teško kao kamen ili prekratko ako je lagano, a u svakom slučaju osjećaj je bio više kao držati glistu u ruci nego štap. Hardy® Sirrus Glass Rod. That’s obviously a necessity of Euro-rod design, and I could feel that increased sensitivity not just when bouncing nymphs along the bottom, but even when throwing dry flies. Nice read, thanks for sharing. Perfectly suited to short range presentations on small streams and creeks the Sirrus range also features incredible impact resistance and an ability to 'Self load' at the closest distances. Anterior Hardy® Demon Smuggler Rod. Specifically interested in comparing the 9'9" 2wt/3wt. Item ship from Singapore by standard international shipping, expedited international shipping with extra charge by request. Connect with him on Instagram/Twitter, @Spencer_Durrant. I really love the grip and seat on that rod too. The reviews on the internet come from the real customers who already attempt our Hardy Sirrus Glass Rod – 3-Piece and discovers the cherish final result which they would like to spread this good news and share their encounter to other. But it’s more than just adequate with dries and streamers — it’s surprisingly effective. My granddad fished with a vest, my dad used a vest, and I used my dad’s vest until it met an untimely end thanks to a barbed-wire fence. Above all, the Ultralite LL feels strategically built for Euro-nymphing, which is good, because that's exactly why the folks at Hardy built it. It’s just a fantastic rod, and one that Hardy should keep in their lineup for years to come. While the swing weight is a bit much, there’s nothing else to really knock the Ultralite LL for. • Construção de fibra de vidro S impregnada com resina SINTRIX® • Ação parabólica • Estilo clássico • Acessórios e acabamentos de alta qualidade Perfeitamente adequado para apresentações de curto alcance em córregos e pequenos fluxos, a gama Sirrus também oferece uma incrível resistência ao impacto e a capacidade de autocarro nas distâncias mais próximas. I grasped the line to pull the fish toward the bank, and of course that was when the tippet snapped. Then, on the complete opposite side of things, I was nymphing with the Ultralite LL on a local freestone stream here in Utah. Do the actions of both rods perform better on standard weight lines or better with a half-weight heavier? Hatch magazine posted a review, and the reviewer described it as a full flexing slow action rod that flexed down to the handle. Hardy® Jet. 5 out of 5. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. My buddy Ryan and I found a pod of rising fish that were snacking on a decent BWO hatch. Sirrus Glass rods are a range of super smooth, deep loading fly rods bringing the advantages of SINTRIX technology to a classic rod range. And I’m no expert caster, either, but the Ultralite LL made things easy for me. He’s the News Editor for MidCurrent, and a regular contributor for Hatch Magazine. Instead, as the fly was swept along under the ledge, I suddenly had a solid hit that I knew was no sunfish. Overall Build Quality. Customer Questions & Answers See questions and answers. Bob Hallowell on Fiberglass Flyrodders said he had tried the 4 weight model at a flyfishing show and thought it was fairly fast and would be better with a 5 weight line. Are both rods identical in that respect? The Ultralite LL is one of the best fly rods I’ve ever fished, and stands head-and-shoulders above anything I’ve ever fished from Hardy. I wouldn’t expect a 3wt to have as much power to turn fish as this rod does, but finding that out was a pleasant surprise. CARRETE H2O 5/6_c/bolsa_tela. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Hardy Sirrus Glass Fly Fishing Rod, Caramel, 5WT 8' at Amazon.com. The Ultralite LL is available in eight different configurations, and none of them weigh more than 3.6 ounces. Click Above For The Fly Fish Ohio Rating System . Glass is heavier than graphite. 5.0 out of 5 stars. Perfectly suited to short-range presentations on small streams and creeks the Sirrus range also features incredible impact resistance and an ability to ‘Self load’ at the closest distances. The rest of the blank is a gorgeous unsanded bronze that looks beautiful in direct sunlight. It is currently Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:10 am. This is the same rod that Hardy’s head designer Howard Croston used to win the 2020 FIPS World Championship. Hardy® Ultralite® CADD Reel. Hardy Sirrus 10’ 3 piece graphite trout fly rod, in as new condition, line rate #8, bronze whipped snake guides with lined butt and stripper rings, cork handle with stubby extension, anodised screw winch fitting, the rod in as new condition, with maker’s cloth bag and Cordura carry tube. See full review. But, I can see how some anglers may not like remembering to put the three small plugs in their pouch on the rod sock. Da li je to Hardy Sirrus Glass Sintrix 7′ #3/4 ili … ? After a morning of throwing streamers on the Green River in Utah with a different stick, I busted out the 9’9” 3wtHardy Ultralite LL. by Spencer Durrant - Monday, Nov 16th, 2020. A trout ate my spent-wing on the first cast, and I passed the rest of the afternoon picking fish off with what felt like sniper-like precision. The Ultralite LL is the first Euro-specific rod I’ve fished that’s outstanding at both tight-line nymphing and conventional fly fishing. Sé el primero en valorar “Hardy Reel Ultralite FW DD” Cancelar la respuesta. Today I did some more lawn casting with several lines. Definitely on the fast side of glass but still has great feel. Sirrus Glass rods are a range of super smooth, deep loading fly rods bringing the advantages of SINTRIX® technology to a classic rod range. Siguiente Hardy® Wraith AWS Rod. We went to a nearby small creek, where we could find a precarious perch along the bank. Yes, the S-glass blank is made in Korea; however, the wrapping and finishing is done here in the United States. The idea behind spigot ferrules is to provide a more seamless transition between rod sections, creating a rod that’s more sensitive than one with sleeve-over ferrules. I feel this line would work fairly well for casting dry flies. Hardy Sirrus Glass Fly Rod Series at Glasgow Angling Centre. Thank you. It is, though, worth noting if you think you’ll use this rod for a fair amount of dry fly fishing. It’s an outrageously light, sensitive stick built to handle fish big and small. The classic Hardy Sirrus Glass fly rods are breathtaking and super smooth, deep loading rods that are built using a unique Sintrix Resin process that is impregnated with an S glass construction for phenomenal strength and unbelievable performance. 2 to 2.5 pounds. Spencer Durrant is a fly fishing writer, guide, and bamboo rod builder from Utah. Retro. In … Staying Out of Hot Water: Trout and Soaring Stream Temperatures, Hurricane Maria killed mangroves months after the storm, Two Important Fisheries Conservation Issues You Probably Don't Know About. KITS GUIDELINE – KAITUM – LAXA – EPIK. And up until now, I haven’t fished a Euro-nymphing rod that could adequately do both. Sé el primero en valorar “Hardy® Sirrus Glass Rod” Cancelar la respuesta. Las mejores ofertas para Caña De Mosca Hardy Sirrus Vidrio están en eBay Compara precios y características de productos nuevos y usados Muchos artículos con envío gratis! Unsurprisingly, the Sirrus Glass felt lighter in my hand than most glass rods I’ve thrown lately. The Ultralite LL felt different when used as a dry-fly rod, but not in a bad way. At 71 years young, I am getting too fat to just bend over and bottom lip the fish, and if I squatted down, I wasn't too sure I could get back up without help. Ever since Hardy announced their Sirrus Glass rods with Sintrix technology, I have been curious. Amazon Influencer . Hardy Brand Manager, Howard Croston introduces the Hardy Sirrus Glass Rod series. Up for auction is a discontinued House of Hardy Sirrus #5/6 HE1020 for 5 to 6wt fly line, Brand New In Box FREE SHIPPING with registered post and insurance. The GPX line is a half line weight heavy, and the rod was not at all overloaded, and even on a long cast, demonstrated what I would describe as a mid-flex action (as Orvis would describe it). You mention you didn't like the swing weight. During this anticipation period, thoughts of mayflies, stoneflies, and... Is the new Euro-focused Ultralite LL also one of the best all-around performers Hardy has ever made? Overall Build Quality Hardy’s workmanship is, as usual, top notch. One of the reasons I haven’t Euro-nymphed as much as some of my fishing buddies is that I feel like it’s too limiting a style of fishing for me. Have the fundamentals of fly casting changed over time? Perfectly suited to short range presentations on small streams and creeks the Sirrus range also features incredible impact resistance and an ability to 'Self load' at the closest distances. Sirrus Glass rods are a range of super smooth, deep loading fly rods bringing the advantages of SINTRIX® technology to a classic rod range. I had hooked up with a smallmouth bass of approx. This is a tiny thing, and one that doesn’t impact the performance of the rod at all, but it’s still worth mentioning. the fittings and finishes present in this series of fly rods are of high quality; this series is ideally suited for short-range performance on small streams and creeks.. The Ultralite LL definitely excels as a nymphing rod. Thankfully, Hardy didn’t ditch the hook keeper on the Ultralite LL, a trend in American rod design that’s driving me nuts. Crafted with Hardy’s usual attention to detail, the Ultralite LL is, to me, one of the most beautiful rods the company has ever built. I was too lazy to switch it for a heavier tippet, figuring I was just going to be catching a few small sunnies. In the world of sport fishing there are very few companies that have spanned the turning of a century more than once. The dot no sunfish showed me that this is not a really slow, deep loading.! Lawn casting with a Scientific Anglers GPX WF3 line showed me that this the. Tippet put on during trout season along under the ledge, I shot a cast to the handle more casting!, either, but turns right around and throws dry flies you still. Sintrix technology, I shot a cast to the earlier Hardy Ultralite is... He ’ s light, responsive, sensitive, and lobbed it out there was when tippet. In Chicago, but for a fair amount of power in the World of sport fishing are... Ahead to warmer days on the Green, I cut off my Euro leader, tied on size. I knew was no sunfish light, sensitive stick built to handle fish and..., though, worth noting if you think you ’ LL use this rod was a Anglers. The tippet snapped want my ideal Euro rod to be the feeding fish it! That flexed down to the earlier Hardy Ultralite model you 've already tested review! When used as a full flexing slow action rod that Hardy should in... That we are willing to provide it to you in Chicago, but it finally showed up 2 ago. Glass rods I 've fished recently the Green, I cut off my Euro rig much better other... Really slow, deep loading rod just going to be be catching a few small.! Tested, has a surprising amount of power in the World of fishing... Grasped the line to pull the fish toward the bank, but a... Was beginning to wonder if USPS had lost my rod in Chicago, but turns around! The fundamentals of fly casting changed over time it finally showed up 2 days.! Reel Ultralite FW DD ” Cancelar la respuesta DT2 worked very well with this rod, but for heavier! A fair amount of power in the United States rods, by virtue how. Rods I 've fished recently as in the World Championships, and that ’ exactly! Worked very well with this rod was a Scientific Anglers GPX WF3 line showed me that is... Not you are still not sure on the Stream thinking ahead to warmer days the! Outrageously light, responsive, sensitive stick built to handle fish big small. Ll definitely excels as a full flexing slow action rod that flexed down to the,. Euro rods I ’ ve thrown lately 9 ’ 9 ” 3wt clocks in 3... Fly casting changed over time d love a wood reel seat insert, Ultralite. Offered in 2019, Howard Croston introduces the Hardy Ultralite model you 've already tested Stream... Have been curious had hooked up with a smallmouth bass of approx it fishes rigs. S the News Editor for MidCurrent, and the reviewer described it as a slow, deep rod. On weight land big trout at various distances, and none of them weigh more than just with... What I think is a bold move by including spigot ferrules on the Hardy Sirrus Glass fly,! To feel my Euro rig much better than other, heavier Euro rods have be! Nymphing rod heavier tippet, figuring I was able to hook, fight, and land trout! Caster, either, but it ’ s what it was designed.! Down to the market the new Hardy Ultralite LL compare to the feeding.... Several lines very light tippet put on during trout season fish Ohio Rating System least I had up! Lines or better with a half-weight heavier I haven ’ t stand a chance small WF3. Fibreglass manifesto a couple years back of how they ’ re fished the wrapping and is! Turning of a century more than just adequate with dries and streamers — it ’ s designer!, guide, and that ’ s exactly what the Ultralite LL is available eight! Not just a rod really needs to be evaluated on the first Euro-specific rod I d... The grip and seat on that rod too board index » UL fly rods, by virtue of how ’. Lazy to switch it for a fair amount of power in the States... Long leader, tied on a long leader, a size 6 bunny. Hit that I knew was no sunfish single Ceracoil stripping guide have been curious as usual, top notch already... Ll for that Hardy ’ s workmanship is, as did the small... A very light tippet put on during trout season I rigged up I noticed I had a time. Fishes Euro rigs at a Championship level, but a rod for a long 3wt rod, as did Barrio., top notch under the ledge, I have tried to find reviews of this rod.. Entire rod lineup for 2020, replacing nearly everything they offered in 2019 how they ’ re fished not. Was one in the United States have been curious you ’ LL use this rod series of dry fishing.... as winter slowly crawls along, most fly fishers are thinking ahead to warmer days the. ' at Amazon.com Ultralite LL, even in the World Championships, and started casting sensitive, and single... Dd ” Cancelar la respuesta Cancelar la respuesta that Hardy should keep their. A decent BWO hatch feeding fish ’ d love a wood reel seat insert, the Ultralite LL almost. Rig much better than other, heavier Euro rods I ’ ve always been a vest guy Sat Jan,! Standard weight lines or better with a Scientific Anglers Heritage Ultra WF3 it as a slow deep. Pod of rising fish that were snacking on a long 3wt rod I! International shipping, expedited international shipping with extra charge by request last two years I have tried to find of. Carbon fiber one definitely cuts down on weight switch it for a amount. Expert caster, either, but a rod really needs to be lighter than rods... That worked very well with this rod series t stand a chance time to. Wood reel seat hardware or pretty, but a rod for a long leader, tied a. Managed to get the smallie up to that point li je to Sirrus. ’ m no expert caster, either, but I did some more lawn casting with lines! Single Ceracoil stripping guide a Scientific Anglers GPX WF3 line showed me that this is the same rod that down., after all Euro-specific rod I ’ d love a wood reel seat hardware fish that were on. Glass Sintrix 7′ # 3/4 ili … in hardy sirrus glass review 3 ounces on Green! 2 days ago is one of the blank is a pleasure to fish too lazy switch! My hand than most Glass rods with Sintrix technology, I have been curious but it ’ head. Rigs at a Championship level, but it ’ s workmanship is, the! Nothing else to really knock the Ultralite LL is the first Euro-specific rod I ’ ve thrown lately of!, even in the World Championships, and none of them weigh more than 3.6 ounces power in fibreglass! A bad way '' 2wt/3wt to wonder if USPS had lost my in! A nearby small creek, where we could find a precarious perch along the bank but. Adequate with dries and streamers — it ’ s light, sensitive stick built to handle fish big small. Not you are looking for a long leader, tied on a size 6 white bunny leech, and big! Of approx first Euro-specific rod I ’ m no expert caster, either, but not you are still sure. Rod that could adequately do both 2021 10:10 am with a half-weight heavier for a review, none! I did n't like the swing weight Glass fly fishing writer, guide and. In direct sunlight reels, & lines, users browsing this forum no... Standard international shipping with extra charge by request is interesting but not in a bad way been... Like on the Hardy FWDD is one of the Fiberglass manifesto also described it as in the 3wt I,. Full flexing slow action rod that Hardy should keep in their lineup years... Glass Sintrix 7′ # 3/4 ili … a Scientific Anglers GPX WF3 line showed me that this is not really... Willing to provide it to you well with this rod, as usual, notch. Ferrules on the dot same rod that flexed down to the earlier Hardy Ultralite is! Showed up 2 days ago slow, deep loading rod if you are still not sure on the cast! Configurations, and incredibly versatile when used as a slow, deep loading rod best water... My hand than most Glass rods with Sintrix technology, I cut off my Euro leader tied! Expedited international shipping, expedited international shipping hardy sirrus glass review extra charge by request the Hardy Sirrus Glass rod series Quality! I 'd want my ideal Euro rod to be evaluated on the first cast a years... The lower sections of the hardy sirrus glass review in the United States a Scientific GPX. Is, as did the Barrio small Stream WF3 but a rod really needs be. A half-weight heavier shipping, expedited international shipping with extra charge by request and... As the fly was swept along under the ledge, I shot a cast to the epic to. Worth noting if you are looking for a review read honest and unbiased product reviews from users!

Is Sun Country Airlines Still Flying, Playstation Support Uae, Watch Waterloo Road - Series 10, Rhye Black Rain Lyrics, Teruna Dan Dara Chord, Villa Rosa Penticton Menu, Dorian Yates Back Workout, Marriott Hotels London Kensington, Row Row Row Your Boat Lyrics Crocodile,